Busted But Not Responsible? Tips For Your Defense

If you've been arrested for a crime you didn't commit, you need to defend your legal rights. You have the right to an attorney who can help you present your case. After being wrongly accused of something myself, I learned quickly how to navigate the legal avenues to have my case dismissed. My attorney was a great resource for building the case, and because of my understanding of the law, it worked. I created this site to share what I learned along the way and some other great tips for others who have been wrongly accused and arrested for a crime.

Aspiring Chefs: A Guide To Student Visas & Staying In The US For Studies


Getting a student visa is the ideal method for people coming to America to attend school. The traditional type of visa needed for colleges is an F Visa. While these visas typically cover immigrant students looking for traditional colleges, these types of visas may not cover the same education provided by a culinary school. Culinary schools are not traditional colleges and typically operate on specific course sessions. If you're interested in learning how to cook in the United States, then there are multiple ways that an immigration attorney can help get you approved for your extended visit and time at culinary school.

M Visa

A culinary school is typically considered a non-academic program. This is mainly because classes focus only on cooking rather than traditional studies like English and math. Luckily, there is a specific visa made for these programs and it is known as an M visa. These visas are good for up to a year, but an immigration attorney can help you get it extended if needed. For example, after a traditional cooking course, you may want to expand your learning and focus on a specific type of food like desserts.

Cooking Conventions

The United States is filled with many cooking conventions throughout the year. These conventions can last for multiple weeks at a time and are a great learning experience. If you want to attend these sessions to learn and grow as a chef, then an immigration lawyer can help set up a B Visa. These visas are distributed for extended conventions and special academic meetings. Once you have chosen the convention, you can apply for the visa and get approved to spend an extended amount of time here.

Cooking Internships

One of the best ways to learn in the culinary field is by having hands-on experience. This can be done by getting an internship at a restaurant. When working at an internship, there are special J-1 visas that can allow you to stay through the duration of the experience. When the J-1 visa is used for internships, it is typically good for one year. There may certain restrictions on how you can apply and receive this visa. For example, you may have to be enrolled or recently graduated from a culinary arts program. An attorney can help break down all of the different options and help you fill out the application. This will help you get approved and ensure that you can take advantage of the internship opportunities.

Contact an immigration attorney for more information on the various types of visas and the best ones for your specific situation. Contact a business, such as Tesoroni & Leroy, for more information. 


31 July 2016